1) They ______ considerable influence within the school.
A) existed B) exerted C) executed D) excused
2) The fire ______ two deaths and the damage of the entire store.
A) was resulted in B) was resulted C) resulted in D) resulted from
3) Researchers have stumbled ______ a drug that may help patients.
A) on B) in C) over D) at
4) A child learns to read by seeing the words ______.
A) repeatly B) repeatedly C) properly D) obviously
5) Young children ______ to get sick more often than adults.
A) tend B) tender C) tendency D) likely
6) Jimmy could do nothing but ______ to his teacher that he was wrong.
A) admit B) admitted C) admitting D) to admit
7) She couldn’t help______ when she heard the bad news.
A) cry B) crying C) to cry D) cried
8) The question ______ next year has something important to do with our daily life.
A) to discuss B) discussed C) being discussed D) to be discussed
9) It is careless ______ the same mistake in your composition.
A) for you to make B) for you making C) of you to make D) of you making
10) We must do whatever we can ______ those who are in trouble.
A) to help B) help C) helping D) to have helped
A car needs gas to run and your body also needs food to work for you. Eating the right kind of food is very important. It can keep your body strong, so take care of what you eat. There are four main food groups altogether. The dairy products group has food like milk, cheese and sour milk. The other three groups are the meat and fish group, the fruit and vegetable group, and the bread and rice group. Each meal should have at least one food from all the four main groups. With all these food together you will be given enough energy during the day.
It is easy to get into bad eating habits. You may eat your breakfast in a hurry to get to school on time. Or you may not have time for a good lunch. It may seem easy to finish your supper with fish and chips all the time. But you will find yourself tired during these days and you cannot think quickly.
Watching what you eat will help keep your body healthy and strong. It is also good to take some exercise. It will help you eat more if you take a walk or play games in the open air. Having a good eating habit with some exercise is the key to your health.
1) What is the main idea of the passage?
A) As a car needs gas, your body needs food.
B) Eating enough food is very important.
C) Healthy diet with exercises will keep your body healthy and strong.
D) Our diets must include milk.
2) The best diet should include ______.
A) milk, fish, cabbage and bread B) cheese, milk and eggs
C) sour milk, pork and apples D) milk, pork and rice
3) Which one is NOT a bad eating habit, according to the passage?
A) Eating breakfast in a hurry. B) Having no time for a good lunch.
C) Eating fish and chips all the time. D) Finding enough time to enjoy lunch.
4) According to the passage, is the key to your health. ______.
A) eating the right kind of food every day B) taking a walk after lunch
C) a good eating habit with some exercise D) playing games in the open air
5) The best title for the passage is ______.
A) Food B) A Healthy Diet C) Body and Food D) Food and Exercise